Celebrate Chinese New Year with these filling Steamed Pork Buns that are oh so easy to make.
My dear friend, Tola, gave me this recipe a year ago and I am just now getting around to making it. I had to adjust it a bit for my family’s tastes and for my laziness to drive cross town to the Asian Market.
She uses a ready made mix for the bun dough, but you probably need to get it at a specialty market since I didn’t see it in the Asian Food Aisle of my supermarket. So, I used the recipe in Ming Tsai’s Blue Ginger cookbook. I also couldn’t find the Chinese sausage so I went with some linguisa so I can make some Portuguese Beans with Linguisa another day.
There is no way my husband and son would go for the boiled egg inside these, so I made a few for me with egg, and left them out of the rest.
One word of caution: leave space for them to rise in the streamer. Six will fit nicely in most steamers, until they expand and stick to the sides and each other. Learn from my mistake. Still tasty, but I had to cut them away from the sides and each other. 🙁
If you need more Chinese New Year inspiration, check out our Pinterest Board.
Follow That Recipe’s board Chinese New Year on Pinterest.
Creative K Kids’ Tasty Tuesdays now has 6 permanent hosts!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- If you would like to be a co-host for this party, please email Tammy at email@example.com. You would post this party every Tuesday at 7 am Central Time and include an original recipe, a round-up of recipes, or your favorite features from this party along with the link-up. We also may need your help pinning up to 25 recipes to our party board every week.
Until next time, happy eating.